10 May 2017

We'll Be Seeing You Soon at IndigoBlu

Hi everyone and welcome! It's a very busy weekend coming up for the team at IndigoBlu. I will be joining Alfie and Ella down at the Kent Showground in Maidstone this weekend, May 13th and 14th for the Create It show. Meanwhile Kay Halliwell-Sutton will be premiering a new set of paints and some exciting new stencils at part of the One Day Special shows on Hochanda, also May 13th and 14th.

And I thought you'd love a sneak peek of a couple of show samples created using the new paints and one of the stencils! They were huge fun to work with and I discovered a combination of layering with the new colours created a faux plaster look for the backgrounds to these two projects.


This canvas started with that faux plaster base, with layers and textures added to compliment the striking stencilled face profile and delicate nature stamping. The lace has been dyed with acrylic paint and I finished with some 'rusting' around three aged washers to pull the design elements together. Here are some close ups of all those painted layers and textures;



Now for something more understated using that faux plaster painted finish - many of you will notice from previous/future posts that I have developed a love for creating journals and notebooks. This stencil is the perfect size for a little A6 size notebook, and having used some texture paste and the same layers of new paint colours I added a little stamping in each corner to accentuate the face shape - the flowers, butterfly and sentiment are all from the A5 Victorian Garden stamp set. The dots on the flowers and body of the butterfly have been added using Liquid Pearls.




And here, with the covers fully opened, you can see the face in it's entirety. I have used coptic stitching to hold the watercolour paper signatures in place as this allows each page to lie flat when needed.


I'm looking forward to seeing everyone who attends the Create It show in Kent this weekend, and for those of you around the rest of the country, make sure you tune in to Hochanda to see what Kay has in store for you!

For now, take care of yourselves and get creative! Jenny xxx

17 comments:

  1. WOWSERS! Jenny this is stunning! I love these new stencils and loving the look of the new paints too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! Those paints are gorgeous! xx

      Delete
  2. Love how you did the notebook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marci - must admit I'm loving making notebooks xx

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous samples Jenny, I just love the hint of blue with the lace on your canvas and your journal is beautiful. I love how you did the face, front and back and your coptic stitching is always superb! We were hoping to be down in Kent this weekend but sadly had to change our plans. I am sure you will wow everyone with your amazing talent my friend!! Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anne. They were both so enjoyable to do. You'll be missed but I know you are now a ridiculously busy business woman. Take care my friend xx

      Delete
    2. Hope all is well - sending huge hugs. Jenny xxx

      Delete
  4. Gasp! Sigh! Wonderful!! I love both of your project Jenny -- I could not choose one over the other if my life depended on it!!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sandy! They both had a similar inspiration so I guess that won't help :) xx

      Delete
  5. Both of these draw me in for opposing reasons, the beauty and complexity of the layering on the canvas and the simplicity of the design on the notebook. I love the faux plaster backgrounds and lovely colour palette too. Have a wonderful weekend my friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Brenda. Sometimes less is more and I'm glad you like the balance on both xx

      Delete
  6. Fantastic matching pair ! Jenny . LOVE the faux plaster finish x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous rusted layers on the canvas, and the subtle fresco look of the journal is also wonderful. Both brilliant!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Want me to say more? Wow! Wow! Wow! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Chris! So glad you like them both xx

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comments - they are really appreciated and will be published when moderated. Jenny xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...