21 March 2013

Layout Translations

Hi there peeps - welcome to my world. Anyone who visited my desk yesterday will have seen me making a start on creating some tropical bird cards based on a favourite scrapbook layout (in a vain attempt to ignore the wintery weather!!) The layout by Ingvild Bolme can be found HERE. And this is my take on it with one of the cards...


As soon as I saw Ingvild's design it made me think of a set of Nicecrane Designs digital images called Fascinating Birds. Aren't they so colourful?


The whole thing started with some pale  brown K&Co patterened paper from my stash, edged with DI Vintage Photo.

Then it was over to my favourite Artemio script background, embossed in white. Next I masked off the edges to create a coloured central panel (a mix of DI Bundled Sage/Stormy Sky/Peeled Paint).

Finally for the background I added white texture paste birdcages through a  lovely TCW mask.


Next I took one of the digital images and cut into the bottom of it, echoing the way the bird tails hung down on Ingvild's layout.

Having already placed a strip of beautiful lace down the right-hand side of the card, I layered the digital image over it with an embossed 'frame' (one of my texture paste embossed diecuts coloured with DI Bundled Sage and Walnut Stain). 




On Ingvild's layout she embellished her images with lots of flowers and leaves. I wanted to include some flora but knew it couldn't be overdone on a project one quarter the size of the original.

Included in my stash of previously 'rejected' items were some grunge paper flowers, stamped in gold embossing powder on paper which had already been painted with DP Picket Fence and DI Bundled Sage. Each one has a plain white button centre.

I completed the 'layout' by adding; punched antique gold card and olive textured card leaves; a yellow mulberry paper flower (with a brad coloured with alcohol ink to match the red on the bird); a small white die cut shape in the top right-hand corner; and a sentiment stamped in black Archival Ink.

I was happy with the way Ingvild's layout translated onto this card and as a result will be looking through other scrap layouts to see if they too could work in this way.


So that's it for tonight. As my card contains both green and brown I am entering it into the following challenges;
Hope it inspires you to take a look at layouts in a different way too. Hugs, Jenny x

35 comments:

  1. This is really gorgeous Jenny. Love the birds and all the little details are fabulous.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny
    This is truly gorgeous. It has a lovely dreamy quality, like it very much.
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card, great spring feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! birdies, I like this, so many different textures and I really love the layout. Hugs Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning... love it! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautifulJenny and such a gorgeous take on Ingrid's, love the bird images too. Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's is so beautiful, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Buttons well what a superb card had to come and tell you so.
    ... and love the site link too ooh yum! Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Jenny.
    Have a great day.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenny a beautiful make, super layout and love the soft colours hugs trace. X

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very beautiful card Jenny and a great take on the on the layout

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jenny, this is lovely.
    Suzi B x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow Jenny I absolutely adore this and such a fantastic idea!! Brilliant use of Ignacio's beautiful image and everything is just put together into such a brilliant composition! LOVE IT big time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You never fail to impress Jenny, I love the way your work is going these days. Your attention to detail, your beautiful layering and use of texture paste is second to none. I am in awe of your beautiful work..... Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Jenny ! Love the images you've used. I didn't realise you're in Staffordshire too ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful, subtle card! Love the partial fussycut to the bird's tail - gorgeous shaping of the image echoing the embossed panel, and the texture paste birdcages are so delicate and ethereal - a lovely make, Jenny!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Jenny, Loving this card, the colours are gorgeous, and the birdcages and birds are stunning, love it.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning make Jenny. I love the background and beautiful images.

    Hugs

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jenny this is another stunning Masterpiece, I love it.
    The colours, textures, embellishments, the whole layout are all wonderful.
    Have a Great Weekend, Happy Crafting

    Patricia. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  20. The background texture with those bird cages is just gorgeous with those images! Every little details blends so perfectly! Love this card! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So pretty, I love the beautiful image and gorgeous textures. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous result using a wonderful bird image

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh I love that the birds are free and the cage is unopened Jenny. What lovely textures you also achieved with this pretty piece. It has a really peaceful nostalgic quality to it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just the post I needed! I'm desperately trying to ignore Old Man Winter too. I just thought that since it's Spring n' all maybe I could stop shoveling snow now??? Silly me thinking that. Apparently I didn't get the memo that said only 3 seasons this year!
    Your card is GORGEOUS Jenny. The layering, colors and interaction of all the elements brings a ray of sun and relaxation to me. It's beautiful. Job well done here :)
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card, gorgeous colours and I love the added texture too. Thanks so much for joining us at PanPAstel UK this week
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is beautiful Jenny, I love your script embossing and the gorgeous lace - you do wonderful things with these digis xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great layering Jenny...so soft...Love those birdhouses in white on the background!
    Your previous blogposts are amazing too...sorry I'm far behind with comments!

    Have a nice Sunday, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow Jenny, this is absolutely gorgeous!! Love everything about it (and I love birdie things too, of course [g]). Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. So so beautiful! Love the cages and birds! Just stunning everywhere you look!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Jenny, this is so lovely! Stunning images! So soft and pretty! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous work Buttons, Love the design & colours... wonderful image..love it all... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  32. SO beautiful, Jenny! Love all that texture and the 3D flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  33. OMG Jenny ,,,,,,LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT,I love everything here,,,,,I never thought you used my brids in a layout,,,,with such a lot of details,,,,I am falling in love with this work,,,,,,,horayyyyyy for Jenny....Applauses

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is gorgeous, and such lovely details.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comments - they are really appreciated and will be published when moderated. Jenny xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...