20 August 2012

Getting seriously gooey...

Hi there everyone and may I begin by saying how grateful I am for the fab comments that have been coming through from you all and the positive feedback to the new look. As you know I love to play with different techniques, and so they don't get forgotten once completed I am continuing to photograph my own step by steps to create a project book.

So here's a project which used an acetate method beautifully described by the goddess that is Sue Wilson (HERE). Beware - you WILL get covered in glue/ink/mica with this if you are anything like me, and work out where you are going to put your acetate to dry IN ADVANCE!! It may also take two layers of tissue on the reverse. I made a few different ones using various colour combos/mica mixes, so don't be surprised to see a few over the coming weeks.

This one is ready for entry into two great challenges;


So I've taken Hels' lead by going for feminine steampunk on a card :)) and stuck with two basic colours (thanks Mynnette, you've made me concentrate on these far more than previously). And look, I've even managed to leave some blank space!


Recipe includes; Stonewashed/Butterscotch alcohol inks, Pale Gold/Tropic Blue CS mica pigments, Wild Honey/Faded Jeans Distress Markers, Picket Fence Distress Stain, Coredinations cardstock, Crafty-Emblies buttons (inked and covered in Rock Candy) Olympic Gold CS PVA glue (with beads from stash dropped in it) Blue Ice CS shimmer mist and Kanban stamps. Gosh, it's only when you list ingredients like this you realise how much goes into a project!!


Hopefully this close-up shows the clockface/cog/compass stamped flowers. Gold SB sprockets were layered behind them with punched leaves.


The doily got covered in Wild Honey/Picket Fence and edged with gold - although it isn't seen much (especially with dodgy photography!) little things like that make such a difference.


So now you have been subjected to image overload I'll let you go and enjoy the rest of your day!! I've got a date with the oven (scones for the homemade blackcurrant jam I made yesterday - no I'm not a domestic goddess - the hungry hoards need filling somehow... ) See you all soon. Crafty hugs, Buttons x

17 comments:

  1. I love scones.. am hungry now lol LOVE your Captured in Crystal hun... I have done this tech with Re-Inkers too, works a treat :O)) LOVE your card, tis beautiful... thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous canvas, but its what I'd expect from you Buttons. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. If that's the technique I'm thinking of you're right it can be seriously messy but well worth it. this is gorgeous and I love the colours. Hope you enjoyed the scones and jam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks gorgeous Buttons and I will follow your link to have a look at this! Loads of texture in your piece and I'm liking the restricted colour palette too!
    I'm hopeless with anything that's vaguely floaty so I suspect I'll be in a mess too if I dare have a go!
    Juliaxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The texture is positively divine Buttons. A real sense of richness to your card.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many products maybe, but a wonderful inky result!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Captured to perfection there Buttons :) and love how you have cut and framed it making for one fantastic cards :)
    Thank you for playing along with us at Artful Times
    Von x☺x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have just reminded me how fabulous blackcurrant jam tastes!

    Gorgeous piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful techniques and colours on this hope the jam tastes as good as it sounds- yummy

    Love Chrissie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I fancy a scone!!! Gorgeous card... adore the colours what a brillant technique going off to follow your link thanks for sharing... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the technique you have used Buttons, the result is fabulous, I love your cog/watch flowers, that was a genious idea. We had afternoon tea out today (yum) but I bet your scones taste nicer! Crafty hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. wauw what a beautiful work, love the colours and lovely details
    hugs Pia

    ReplyDelete
  13. The clusters of clock faces and cogs look absolutely stunning.

    Great use of the acetate too.

    Thanks for joining us this week.

    Sam - Artful Times

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this is positively fabulous, what an amazing piece of art, so many beautiful details and techniques definitely worth all of the effort.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the stamped flowers & those pretty doilies do stand out beautifully. Great technique & this feminine steampunk rocks! Sx

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE feminine steampunk - what a fantastic make... the clock face flowers are wonderful, and the combinations of texture with acetate, fabric, textured card and who knows what else - just marvellous! Say hello to your newest follower...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wondered if someone would do "caught in crystal" with the acetate and here you are with a lovely sample.
    Love the clusters of flowers, cogs and things that you have used on this.
    Thanks for joining us at Artful Times. Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comments - they are really appreciated and will be published when moderated. Jenny xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...